According to Google HR science, these are the 8 qualities of a good manager:
- Be a good coach
- Empower the team and do not micromanage
- Express interest/concern for team members’ success and personal well-being
- Be very productive/ results oriented
- Be a good communicator – listen and share information
- Help team with career development
- Have a clear vision/strategy for the team
- Have important technical skills that help advise the team
These are the basic foundations of health that are critical to achieve and maintain excellent health.
- Eating well
- Eliminating well – Regular bowel movements are important
- Sleeping well – 8 hours of restful sleep is important.
- Staying hydrated – Drinking 1/2 gallon of water daily is important for cell metabolism and detoxification
- Daily exercise and movement – Keep systems flowing. Only needs to be 20-30 minutes of walking or more if you wish.
- Get outside for sunshine – Sunlight improves all aspects of physical health and raises Vitamin D levels.
- Managing stress – Meditation, exercise or yoga all help to deal with stress. Very important for balancing the mind, body and spirit.
Source: San Diego Center for Integrative Medicine